chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Chris’ rant # 88

Ok well to most of you who probably read my blog today’s rant probably doesn’t surprise you but it is about cheating. Well so we have this test coming up tomorrow and it came out that people had copied the old tests even though they weren’t supposed to and have been giving them to people. Well, these people I guess offered it to someone that has a conscience and this person came out and told the teacher. The test was set up with 30 questions from old tests and the teacher through those out. First of all good for this person, it takes real guts to come out against people doing the wrong thing. secondly cheating is wrong. And thirdly I will not say that I am perfect because I have cheated before in high school and I have cheated in college in some of the labs, but once you get at a certain place in med school you should at least try to do the work honestly. I would like to tell the people that read this that I do know the names of the people in trouble, but do not know the name on the person that told, and I would be happy to tell you Friday because I promised the person that told me that I would hold off telling the names until finals are over. the thing that really upsets me about this is that I had studied the info that was taken off the test and I could have at least used that wasted time to sleep or study other things. Oh ya, and word to the wise, if you are going to cheat I give you two helpful hints:

1. Do it well and make sure you don’t get caught.

2. Don’t get greedy, the more you cheat the greater the chances of getting caught.

3. Keep it small, the more people that know the greater the chance that you will get ratted out.

4. Cheating is a lot like premarital sex. If you do it a lot and are not smart about it you are bound to be unpleasantly surprised when you have to deal with the consequences, but if you don’t do it at all you never have to worry about the consequences and in the end you get a lot more out of it.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Thank you for offering to tell us kids left-in-the-dark on Friday. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home