chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Monday, October 09, 2006

"..."

So one of my favorite quotes of all time is by tom petty.
"God it's so painful when something that's so close is still so far out of reach".

Its form the song American Girl, which just so happens to be one of those songs that I love so much sometimes I cant listen to the whole thing. Any way, Its funny that when you hear a truly good quote it can mean different things to you at different times of your life depending on where you are when you hear it.

For the longest time I always took it as meaning that the most painful thing was wanting something you couldn’t have and how much it stings when something is right in front of you and you believe that it is obtainable but it seems that no matter how hard you try you just cant quite reach it. of course that hurts but realizing that it is just not in the cards for you to get what you want and then having to move on knowing that you were close but even with everything you have you just were not quite enough, that’s true pain.

Then I grew a little older, a little wiser, and discovered a new pain. What if you do find something that is great, and I mean amazing great, I mean almost perfect but not quite there, close enough to everything you want that you almost convince your self it is, but far enough away that you know that the best that could come out of it would be that you will only be almost completely happy. Its hurts enough to not have something but to think that you do and then be completely and utterly wrong is a different pain all together, to let go of something that you thought you had and then worst of all start again with nothing. To be the cause of your own pain and to not know if you have just made the biggest mistake of your life just because of your inflexibility, and with no knowledge of, and very little hope of something better.

But in life there is always room for more, and well it might be the simplest way to interpret the quote but now I have something that is so close to me that I when she is so far away I feel as if part on me is missing and that pain is a great pain that hurts every day and I would not trade it for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home