chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

men are like milk?

So funny story, I was sitting in the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) and one of the nurses received a nice letter and baked cake from her BF. Now first of all mad props to the guy, from my observations girls love cake, even more so chocolate cake, and a thoughtful letter on top of that makes for a flawless victory. Now although it was discussing to listen to every nurse ohh and ahh over this letter it was nice to know that if I do decide to do something nice it might get told to other women, thus increasing my street cred. So after some time I heard things like, “I whish my husband would do that”, “you are so lucky” and lastly “you should make sure you keep that, so in the future you can remind him of how he used to be” this has perturbed me no end.

One, it implies that he will be less romantic, this is a big problem. First of all I get it, us guys like to impress the lady we are with and as time go on even the best of us may do less because the need to impress goes down. But to imply that it will happen is ridiculous. It brings up the idea that us guys are more like milk, and not like wine. Our women are like wine they get better with age as you discover the hidden flavors and aromas and the delayed gratification that comes with savoring every once of greatness, and longing for it never to end. Guys on the other hand are like milk, needless to say mild is great, but give it two weeks and well it is good.. another two weeks well… lest just throw it out and not open it up to find out. This hypothesis is preposterous it is vastly negative towards guys. Plus if surprises were given too often then they mean less it what make them surprises, it shouldn’t be the gifts you get but the love you give.

Lets just clarify, I said “it shouldn’t be the gifts you get but the love you give” it is not a competition, in a relationship you should do things for the other and not expect anything in return. Ideally, of course people will give, and be happy of the joy that their partner has. But instead it is easier to bitch about how your man doesn’t give you more.

Good question; How often do women surprise their man with thoughtful gifts?

Lastly and most important, why would someone say this. I mean there is this girl who is obviously showing everyone who great her man is and how happy he makes her, so the most obvious way to bring her down is to bring words of doom and destroy as much hope as possible. I don’t understand this most of all. In the world I live in, which I believes population is decreasing more and more each day, when someone is happy you accept their happiness and congratulate them on is for one day you will be happy and would not expect someone to rain on your parade. I understand jealousy but I also understand keeping you mouth shut, plus its nice to see people happy and not taking for granted what they have or have been given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home