chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Chris' rant # 90

Ok well I have thought about this before and I hope that I’m not the only one thinking this, which is very possible, but those damn charity bracelets that everyone wear really bug the hell out of me. Now let me stop you all now who are thinking that I don’t like giving to charities because I think that giving to something you believe in is great and more people should. My problem comes from the fact I am a firm believer that you should do good for the sake of doing good. Putting something on your wrist announces to people that you give to something, which takes away from the selflessness of truly giving for just the sake of giving. Also something that bothers me is that these bracelets seam more like a fad that everyone seams to want to be in on, and although it is good that people are in on this fad what happen when it is not cool anymore. Will people stop giving because those bracelets are not cool? The take home point: take those bracelets off and then only two people will know you give, you and god, and I cant think of two more important people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home