chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Chris' rant # 91

Ok today we all spent 4 hours in hell. To those in the class you might not remember because you blocked the horrible memory but it happened and I’m sorry. To those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, let me begin. Today I spent 4 hours talking about how to interview people and how to sound like I care. I can honestly say that I did not learn a thing and if anything I am stupider for being there. We had to learn communication on the most basic level. We had to learn how to lead conversation on like being silent, nod our heads, say ya, hmmm, really. And we learned how to elicit feeling by saying how did that make you feel, I had a similar experience that made me upset too. Its not even bad enough that we were told about it but we also had to practice these "new skills" in small groups and out loud in class. Basically we learned in 4 hours what I hope most of us all knew, and have been doing for many years, at least 11 years, I don’t know. To the people in that class I would like to know when you think that you learned how to talk to people well and were practicing what we did today.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Christopher W. Edwards said…

    Thanks Luke, it really means a lot to me that you care. Although what you said does remind me a lot of class we had that day??? Must be a coincidence

     

Post a Comment

<< Home