chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

day 1

I started work today, that’s right today I introduced myself as a Dr. I know that I am an adult now, and I should act like one but I don’t feel that way. I have to admit that saying “hello my name is Chris ill be one of the doctors seeing you today” or hello my name is Christopher Edwards ill de the doctor seeing you today” or best yet “hi, I'm Dr Edwards” is awesome. I mean really it is the coolest thing in the world, and it is a complete power trip as well, I mean you just say the word and these people think that you know everything and can help them with anything that they throw your way. Its like that word makes these parents trust you completely and you can ask them anything about their kid and they just tell you because they think that it is important somehow, I should think of funny things to ask just to see if I can get a answer. However, it is so weird to think that I will have some medical student following me in the next weeks to months that will take what I say as the final word and I have to teach when I was one of them like 1 month ago.

So, on another note, it is day one and I hate parents. I don’t really hate parents but I wanted to hit two of them in the face today. Here was this kid that has some form of autistic spectrum disorder and all they could talk about is that the other one is stupid because they just got divorced and obviously don’t get along. As I was talking to them I just wanted to stop them, tell them that “I don’t give a shit about what you all are saying and shove it up your ass because you both have a kid that has a problem and you two fighting all the time in front of him will make things worse, and after all if you two were real parents you would know that neither of you two are the most important person in the room, you son is, so grow up and be adults for him, by the way I'm the second most important person in the room”

Also there was this cute girl that was 5 and sat in my lap the entire interview, she was adopted and both of her parents said that she has never gone to someone so quick, she gave me one of her stickers and put it on my badge, I will have that sticker for the next three years to remind me what is important, I love my job

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Joel said…

    Dr. Edwards! Dr. Edwards! Imagine me saying that in the same voice as Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Sounds like you're having a good time so far. We'll have to trade war stories of terrible parents since we're both in professions where we get to deal with them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home