chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Blog assignment #3

Googling people. It is an interesting new concept that does put an interesting spin on privacy. When I did this assignment I knew that some people you can find easily like people with weird names where as people with the first name like chris and the last name of edwards gets about 14 million hits without quotes and with them gets only 283K so it is a little bit harder sifting through those to find yourself. I personally have never thought that this is an invasion of privacy because like I said unless you know something about me you would have no idea which one of the 200K+ people are me. And when you do finally find someone that you are looking for the most I ever get is anything when their name is in the newspaper for sports or academic reasons. There is not a lot of information you can access by just googling people so personally I got incredibly bored doing it. I personally don’t see any benefit to this new technology unless you are slightly crazy and knowing that I was on the honor role in 2002 for blue springs south high school is the type of information that makes you happy, or maybe you might be trying to stalk someone with useless information. Now I know that the internet does have some security and privacy issues but you would have to be a lot smarted then I am to take advantage of that. And just as I see no real benefits to the google search I see very little negative side affects. If there were major problems with it you would hear people complaining of it more and well I don’t. googling people in an interesting thing that I hear is really cool except for the fact that I haven’t ever really found this holy grail of awesomness that exists somewhere within the vas network of the google search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home