chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Blog assignment #4

Cheep music is great, personally when I looked on the internet for a non sharing site that looked to be legal I decided just to go the source of the original problem the new http://www.napster.com/ as we all know this site used to share music freely and sense has been destroyed and built back up to sell music for a price, now for only 9.95 a month you can download an unlimited amount of songs on your computer and listen to them all you want as long as you are still a member, I don’t know how it is possible that once your membership is over you cant listen to the music but you also have the option to buy a song for $.80 a song which is better then apples $.99 a song. But of course you can always get music for free I hear and that is a much better deal. I personally don’t understand how these businesses that make you pay for the music make any money at all because anyone with a computer and the internet can find a place to get music for free and maybe there is enough law abiding citizens out there that want to pay for their music but I don’t see the point. I imagine that these businesses have to pay a certain amount to get the rights to sell these songs and some of the money goes to the artist but it just doesn’t seem like it should make a lot of money. I personally say if these businesses have the rights to the music and see it for cheep then at least if not everyone wins, not everyone looses. We don’t have to pay as much for the music and everyone makes a little bit of money. It might not be as fair as buying a CD but I’m not going to go out and buy an entire CD when now most people make only one or two good songs anyway. I’m not going to say that getting cheep music is really bad for anyone, and getting music off the internet is wrong but in my opinion the people that make the music are not suffering too much and I think that they will move on in their $100,000 car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home