chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Chris’ rant # 115

So I was telling someone about how I was going to study tonight, which by the way didn’t work out too well. But any way, when I was talking to this person I said that I just needed to go over all the white blood cell stuff before I go to bed and this person said to me "oh that’s going to take a lot longer then you think". I don’t know where it came from but just these words annoyed the hell out of me. One, how in the world does this person know hoe long this is going to take me, maybe I know the stuff well, maybe I was just going o read it, or maybe I am super fast. Two, how in the world does this person know how long I think it will all take because however long I think it will take it will be longer. Three, I love that this person is so confident in my ability to succeed that they cant say nice things like "you can do it" or "wow impressive" or "that is a lot, you must be awesome" or "good luck" or "hmmm" or "ok" or even "hold on let me check my I-don’t-give-a-shit-o-meter". Instead they just tell me that that is a lot more then you think it is, and if you really want to undertake this impossible task then you should have already started because it is going to take a lot longer then your simple mind can even comprehend. Four, … AHHHHHHHH!!! Why can’t people be positive. Lastly, in your face mystery person because I did go over it all and it actually took a shorter time then I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home