chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Chris' rant # 131

So IGN released the top 99 games of all time and I have to say that most of then I like and of the top 10 I have played 8 so good for me. Any way it is interesting because of the top 10: 3 are from 2005, 3 from 2004, and the rest form the 90s. My problem with this is that if you look at it on an individual level of course the new games are better but this list gives very little credit to those games that broke the mold. They have GTA San Andreas, but in my opinion GTAIII is the game that it is based on and the new version is just a supped up version of GTAIII. There is no was metal gear solid three is in the same league as the Playstation version, metal gear solid. For those games released in 2005 I don’t think that they have been around long enough to stand the test of time and although I have not played two of them I doubt that they are the best games ever. For the few games actually released in the 90s they are all amazing and deserve their spot. I just don’t see how you can have a top 10 without one RPG or a Super Mario Brother’s game of any kind. In closing I leave you with one game that is not even on the list Tetris, need I say more of how crappy this list really is.
http://microsites.ign.com/kfc/top99games/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home