chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Chris’ rant # 141

So funny story if by funny I mean scary and I almost died, or killed someone, or both. So I’m driving today like I often do and I was about to get to a intersection in the road that is a two way stop and my road doesn’t stop. As I approached the intersection there was a car stopped and as I got closer the person in the car decided to make a move. Forgetting the rules of the road, she moved forward. Luckily our hero, myself, knowing not to ever trust people, saw thins in advance and slammed on my breaks. My car came to a screeching halt and as it did I did what most normal people would do and honked my horn and prayed. When my car finally stopped moving forward, embarrassingly I had plenty of room to spare, about 2-3 feet. And because when she heard my car screaming to a halt she did what most people do and stopped her car as well, leaving my car’s hood right dead smack in the middle of her car and with me facing forward looking right at her. That’s right if I would not have been as quick, speeding, or not have been paying attention knowing that I had the right away and assuming that everyone would obey the law I easily could have t-boned her car and well I don’t imagine it would have been pretty, mostly for her. Now at thins point I am shitting myself realizing what almost occurred and she does the most amazing thing, by the way I’m not surprised it’s a woman. She holds up her hand and mouths the same word that her hand is conveying, I’m sorry… I’M SORRY!!! What? I almost kill you and the best you have is, my bad, I’m sorry, whoops a daisy, and then she drives off leaving my life forever, like most women do. I on the other hand, am left alone in the middle of the intersection questioning life, religion, predestination, fate, luck, death and the stupidity of man. That is about where I am now, I will keep you posted on my near murder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home