chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Blog assignment #5

Ok ebay is an amazing company, did you know that you can order cardboard boxes on ebay and I bet they come in a cardboard box. You can also get decorative hole punchers, a habit 12 panel pro sand filled hacky sack, a kid rock candle, a used tooth brush, or any pez dispenser known. I didn’t find it but I have also heard of people selling their soul on ebay or even selling everything they own. Lord know why people would want to sell these things but even more troubling is why people would want to buy some of this weird stuff. Especially when you could go to any store located within 5 minutes of you house to get it. ebay is an interesting idea in the sense that you can sell anything. It holds a new market for people everywhere. Instead of being business driven it is more people driven. I think that the bidding system is nice because you can get top dollar for what you are selling, and it I’m sure can be fun to out bid people like an actual auction house. I do think that the new wave of online buying does present a problem in the fact that you really don’t have to leave your house for anything anymore, it helps the already lazy American that sits in form of his computer to be just a little bit lazier, after it not like we have an obesity problem in America, personally I don’t have a real problem with ebay or other establishments that make things easier I thinks its amazing the capabilities that we have to get anything we want at the touch of a button, but I do think that it does start a problem in the fact that people just sit at home and buy what they need and never need to move or even more importantly get up and talk to another human being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home