chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Blog assignment #7

http://www.umkc.edu is in my opinion an ok representation of our school, I mean in technical terms it doesn’t lye to you it just gives you an overly great representative of how the school is. UMKC is a commuter college although I think that they are trying to get more people to stay on campus by making more dorms, the truth remains that most of the people that go here are here for a couple hours in the day and then drive back to their homes. The web sites show a lot of student fun and organizations but in my opinion you have to go out of your way to get into one of these. The web site is made to make you want to come to the school, it is like a coke advertisement saying that coke is the best, some people will agree and some wont. I personally had never visited the site before except to check my grades and sign up for classes so to me this site is not that beneficial. I don’t believe that there is any problem with posting grades up on the Internet. You need my name and my new fancy student ID number to get to them and I barley know my ID so I would say that the information is pretty safe. If someone could find my ID and look at my grades I would not have too much of a problem because one I wouldn’t know and two that would give me the knowledge that someone know my new ID and maybe I could get it from them. I think that the Internet is a nice thing for the university to have, it makes thing quicker and easier. I don’t however think that the university is dependent on it because it existed before there was internet so unless if in the last years of internet people got a lot stupider, which I’m not saying could have happened, UMKC could function without the internet and be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home