chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

CP

Don’t get me wrong I feel bad for all sick kids, but I feel really bad for cerebral palsy patients, basically they have a bad central motor pathway, damaged at birth that causes spastic, dyskinetic, or ataxic problems that is a non progressive problem. The thing is that there is variation of symptoms form mild to bad. The thing that is hardest for me is that some of these patients are in no way intellectually disabled, they look disfigured with arms and or legs twisted, and they may not have the ability to communicate but they are not dumb. It just makes me feel bad for someone who has no way of communicating and cant move. It is a horrible prison to live and be aware but not be able to move or communicate. And these kids are so nice, every one of them have a smile on their face and are great fun to talk to. I like treating children that the world does not give a chance, I think that is why I like today and I like genetics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home