chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Blog assignment #8

Now there are sites on the internet that allow you to look up books and get an entire analysis of them without reading them at all. when I looked up Waiting for Godot I found that the analysis that they talked about was similar to mine in the fact that the play is about waiting for hope, but in the sense of all the other characters this analysis is much similar. Instead of applying a personality to the characters this analysis simply says that each one is there to take up time until what they are waiting for arrives. It also instead of taking a broad world view focussed on suffering and original sin, and also they are waiting for Godot to save them, while as I merle applied Godot to anything one may wait for. Then it gives some other political and religious interpretations. I would imagine that this site could be used as a study tool, I know that when I did my paper I looked up different versions to make sure that my paper was not the general accepted version and also to see what people thought of the boots and hat because it was the only thing that I didn’t relate to anything. however in a site named grade saver it even makes the site sound like it is made for people that need saving. And I would assume saving because of the fact that they didn’t read it. it is like most other sites that simplify the information in that to read their analysis takes a couple of minutes where as the book takes much longer. It is a very simplified version of the book that just gives main themes and disregards the little facts. Personally if I were writing a paper I would need a lot more then this but a site like this could give you enough to start a average paper. Even more so to add to its cheating idea is the fact that the site has a place where you can pay for essay service. Now this to me is not just using your resources but is bluntly put cheating at its easiest, any time you can get an essay without putting any of yourself into it is cheating and is as simple as that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home