chris' Incredibly awesome spectacular blog

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Chris’ rant # 150

Chivalry, Is it dead? Well this is a good question and I think that the answerer is defiantly no. I personally like to do nice things for ladies, open up doors, flowers, pay for meals, well at least at first you should. I also know a lot of other guys that treat women like true ladies so it’s not just me. Either way chivalry is not dead, however I do believe that it is being killed slowly by, you guessed it, women. First of all, when I open up a door for someone it is not saying that I think that they are not capable of opening it on their own, it is being nice. I am completely aware that women can function without the help of a man; hell my mom raised me as a single parent, when guys are nice sometimes it is just that, being nice for nice sake. And now we come to my rant. One thing that urkes me to no end is when you do something chivalrous and the girl says something like, “oh you are so sweet, I wish more guys would do that” “oh thank you, I wish my boyfriend would do that for me once and a while” or “that’s so nice, I would never date you” girls don’t actually say this last one but trust me it is what they mean. For some reason and this goes back to the nice guys finish last clause that was written in the book of “life just sucks sometimes”, girls want the person they are with to treat them well, but they just don’t want to date someone that treat them like they should be treated. I would assume that if I met someone nice and they treated me better then my current relationship does then I would think about changing people instead of trying to change a person. It seems now that the door holder, the chivalrous guy, has become the door mat, the guy you can walk all over. It doesn’t make sense but I have given up trying to understand women. I guess I will just continue being nice and hopefully one day it will make me come out on top until then I will just fume on the inside and rant occasionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home